|« Jan||May »|
When you need to refresh, sleep well and be ready for another day, find 15-20 minutes for yourself.
Simple and relaxing this pose is guaranteed to calm the chaos in your mind, de-stress your nervous system, while taking the pressure off your feet, hips, back, shoulders and frown.
8 Simple Steps to Relief from Exhaustion
- Place a folded blanket or yoga mat on the floor at a wall
- Sit sideways against the walls with your knees bent and your hip against the wall
- Slowly lower yourself back, with your head on the floor swinging your buttocks around so they touch the wall
- Raise your feet up the wall extending them straight up as far as is comfortable for you.
- Place a small pillow under your head and/or neck if you are more comfortable. Another blanket for comfort and coziness is nice too!
- Let your arms roll so that your palms face up keeping your arms away from your body in a comfortable position.
- Breathe slowly – Every time your minds wanders off (as it will) gently remind yourself to focus on relaxing and on your breathing
Benefits of Legs up the Wall
- Relieves pressure from your legs, ankles, knees and hips
- Releases lower back
- Eases shoulder, upper back and neck tension
- Calms the nervous system
- Balances out the mood
- Allows you to rest and restore your energy.
Legs up the wall is part of a series of Restorative Yoga poses. Simple, effective and easy to do. This series is ideal for anyone who needs to de-stress, energize and find more calm and balance.
Yoga, Mindfulness workshops and classes and other de-stressing activities are available through www.thewellnessedge.ca.